Monday, February 07, 2005

Super Bowl, Super Sale Sunday... ya gotta love it!

So did everyone survive Super bowl Sunday?

I went to the LYS SuperB Sale this Sunday. I arrived at 10am - and was already 4th in line and the shop didn't open until noon - feh... I had my daughter (the snarky, nasty teenager from hell) with me, so rather than listen to her bitch'n we walked up the street and found a diner open so I stuffed her full of pancakes.

We got back to the store around 11ish and the line was now about 35 people deep - yikes! By the time the store opened the line was out the door and half way around the block. The wait wasn't long at all, there were lots of nice people with the same obsession to chat with. This sale was also at a new location, so I wasn't familiar with the location of all the stuff I wanted. Talk about your adventures in yarn shopping! My sister (the weaver) who couldn't join me on this trek because she was busy, had asked me to grab every ribbon yarn I could find. Ok....

So I did get into the store with the first wave and with my daughter (I also got TWO! bags marked %39 off!) What a deal! I grabbed 4 skeins of the Cherry Tree Hill Ribbon, about 5-6 skeins of the Colinette Merino Ribbon Tagelletti (I think it's called) and some other assorted ribbons for Sis.

For me...

3 skeins beautiful Cherry Tree Hill Supersock In Indian Summer for my Clapotis Shawl. One skein of CTH DK Silk Merino in a pretty pink colorway I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I splurged on some lovely hand dyed Impressions Yarn in this bright yellow/orange/sunset like colors. I got another skein of the Cherry Tree Hill Oceania in Gypsy Rose to make another shawl. I also got some Mission Falls 1824 Wool for some hats. And a Skein each of Colinette Giotto in Cezanne and in Raspberry, Colinette Isis in Cezanne, and several skeins of Manos Del Uruguay in a lovely raspberry variegated and plain for making another felted bag.

And I saved over $300! LOL.

I am now officially not allowed to buy any more yarn for any reason, at least not until the next sale!

When I got home I didn't know what to start first, so I decided to just enjoy then so I wound several of the hanks into balls for now. I think I'm finally getting the hang of winding balls on my Nostepinde. Not to mention it's mindless work that I can do while watching a football game.

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Kitten said...

I thought I was the "snarky teenage daughter from hell"....A title bestowed upon all daughters, by their mothers, I'm sure. Does she knit as well? Or is it just you?

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Wy Wyoming House Cleaning said...

Hot blog. When I get to seraching on the web for
blogs, its got to be like yours! And the site is off
the hook! I just kept coming back!
I want you to look for my ga georgia house cleaning blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home