Wednesday, February 02, 2005


These are my latest socks - the yarn was handpainted by my sister. Posted by Hello

I can't believe I finished these so fast - well fast for me. I'm really getting the hang of the Queen's technique and this time I felt really comfortable modifying the stitch counts and the fit is fantastic! I really love doing both toe up socks at the same time on the 2 addi turbo circulars (size 1s). This time I also tried the slip stitch heel starting about half way into the gusset increases and they are really comfortable.

As I mentioned in an earlier post - the yarn is a lovely merino (I think - I'll have to check again with my sister) that was hand-dyed. It's more of a DK weight so they are thick and warm :) Which is really nice for the cold winter we are having here in New England.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Loraine Lee said...

Hi,

Beautiful socks ! What's the Queens technique ?

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
I want you to stop and compare with my mn minnesota house cleaning blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home