Monday, April 04, 2005

Judy Collins Weekend :)

I was a slug most of this past weekend. It was grey, and raining nasty buckets all day long on Saturday.

I literally sat on my couch watching movies with my daughter, and knit until I finally was forced to get up and get dressed.

Saturday night, there was a Judy Collins Concert, in my town! We are celebrating our 350th birthday and this was one of the fund raisers. Judy was just fabulous! She opened with some of her old standards. Both Sides Now, Someday Soon, Who Knows Where the Time Goes, Cats in the Cradle, Leaving on a Jet Plane/Country Road medley (that was great!), City of New Orleans, Send in the Clouds, a couple of new songs from her new soon to be released CD. It was just and incredible concert. Especially in such a small intimate venue as the middle school auditorium. The place probably seats a max. of 300 and it was packed.

So, I am glad I got my butt up and out for this. It was a wonderful experience that I will always cherish.

And even though I knit all day Saturday, I have nothing to show for it! For some reason I just couldn't get this really simple TWO line pattern and I just keep messing up on the 6th and 8th rows. DUH! I've ripped it out so many times now, you would think I wouldn't keep making the same damn mistake.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Blogger Ne Nebraska House Cleaning said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
If your look to uncover information, please visit my mt montana house cleaning blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home